JID Reveals How J. Cole Inspired His “30 (Freestyle)” Song

Celebrity Trending
By -
0

 

Download The world news app and enjoy additional content




JID is one of the most talented and versatile rappers in the game, and he proved it once again with his latest release, “30 (Freestyle).” The song, which dropped on January 1, 2024, showcases JID’s lyrical prowess and witty wordplay over a smooth and soulful beat.

But what inspired JID to rap off the top of his head on the track? The answer is none other than his mentor and Dreamville label head, J. Cole. In a recent interview with Angela Yee on her Way Up radio show, JID revealed how Cole’s influence played a part in his creative process.

“I was in the studio with Cole, and he was working on his album, The Fall Off,” JID said. “He played me some of his songs, and I was blown away by how he was freestyling on some of them. He told me that he wanted to challenge himself and not write anything down, just go with the flow and see what comes out.”

JID said that he was inspired by Cole’s approach and decided to try it out for himself. He said that he had a beat that he liked, and he just pressed record and started rapping. He said that he didn’t edit or revise anything, and he was surprised by the result.

“I was like, ‘Wow, this is dope,’” JID said. “I felt like I was tapping into a different level of expression and creativity. I was just having fun with it, and I think that’s what rap is all about.”

JID said that he decided to name the song “30 (Freestyle)” because he turned 30 years old on October 31, 2023, and he wanted to celebrate his birthday and his growth as an artist. He said that he also wanted to pay homage to Cole, who turned 40 years old on January 28, 2024, and who has been a major influence and supporter of his career.

“Cole is like a big brother to me, and I have so much respect and admiration for him,” JID said. “He’s one of the greatest rappers of all time, and he’s always pushing me to be better and do more. He’s a legend, and I’m honored to be part of his team.”

JID said that he hopes that his fans enjoy his “30 (Freestyle)” song and that they look forward to his upcoming projects. He said that he is working on his third studio album, The Forever Story, which is expected to drop later this year. He said that he is also planning to collaborate with more artists, including his Dreamville labelmates, such as Bas, Cozz, Ari Lennox, EarthGang, and Lute.

“I’m just trying to make the best music that I can, and share it with the world,” JID said. “I’m grateful for all the love and support that I get from my fans, and I want to make them proud. I’m excited for what the future holds, and I’m ready to keep going.”

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)